A unique and delicious way to offer your guests a dessert. Not only will they enjoy what you serve inside it but they can also eat the entire bowl. No mess, no dishes, and happy, delighted guests.
- Chocolate – 10 ounces
- Can be dark, milk or white. We find dark to be the best.
- You can use regular chocolate (We prefer Trader Joe’s brand) or a tempered chocolate
- The small kind (6-8 inches)
- Melt chocolate over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- While chocolate is cooling wash and dry balloons and then blow them up until they are 6 to 8 inches tall. Have a few extra in case some pop.
- Place a clean Flour Girl Kitchen baking mat onto a baking sheet.
- Using a spoon add about a teaspoon of melted chocolate to the baking mat about 4 inches apart and smooth into a small circular disk about 2 inches wide. This will serve as the base of your bowl.
- Hold a balloon by the knot and use a spoon to coat the bottom 1/2 to 1/3 of a balloon with melted chocolate. Feel free to be as creative and artistic as you like.
- Place balloon chocolate side down on top of the circular disk you created on the baking mat.
- Repeat this process for each balloon.
- When finished place the cookie sheet in the freezer.
- After an hour or so, take the cookie sheet out of freezer, pop the balloons and remove them from the bowls.
- Add whatever dessert you like to your bowls and serve.
Tip: Keep bowls frozen until ready for use.